The Product Manager will work closely with internal business and technical teams as well as external customers to set product strategy and drive the direction of new feature development.
The ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of accounting and financial systems as well as a solid understanding of technology and software development practices. Specifically, the successful candidate will have direct experience in working with Agile/Scrum development teams, partnering with senior business leaders, and bring a complex product into production from inception to delivery. The Product Manager must be able to evangelize ideas and then put those ideas into practice while building and maintaining strong working relationships at all levels throughout the company. As product owner, the Product Manager is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the application, including requirements, architecture, usability, engineering, testing, documentation, release, and future innovation.
- Gain a deep and thorough understanding of existing Cast & Crew software and business practices
- Drive product strategy and vision for our next generation of production accounting software
- Work with internal and external customers to define requirements and develop a product plan/roadmap
- Set priorities and scope for development work in a demanding and constantly changing environment
- Work with our highly skilled development team to ensure that all requirements are clearly communicated and understood through user stories and other key artifacts
- Provide direction for overall design and usability of the product
- Prioritize and maintain a backlog of product features and enhancements
- Assist with user acceptance testing and provide clarification to aid in the resolution of defects/bugs
- Review and sign-off on completed software changes
- Oversee development of user manuals and other customer product documentation
- Responsible for internal and external communication and status reporting on progress against the product roadmap
- Regular meetings with the Executive sponsor to discuss status, challenges, and proposed solutions
- 5+ years working as a Product Manager on complex and demanding software projects highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting systems
- Strong working knowledge of Agile software development practices
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and bring different personalities together toward a common goal
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management to drive decisions
- Ability to conduct executive presentations and internal/external product demos
- Software development background a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.