The Payroll Coordinator is responsible to ensure that assigned and team client payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Provide superior customer service to their assigned clients. Continue to build strong relationships with the clients to ensure longevity and additional work for the operations.
- All tasks associated with the preparation, processing, and completion of time-sensitive payroll.
- As needed will work as a team to assists fellow coordinators and other team members with clients and/or payroll entry depending on payroll volume and due date.
- Will be able to understand federal and state wage and hour laws and union contracts so that the payroll is processed accurately and ensures good service to our clients.
- Enters and manages all assigned client payrolls into the shared Google Docs calendar under its due date.
- Communicates with clients promptly regarding payroll questions while preparing and processing payroll.
- Performs quality check on payrolls to ensure they were entered correctly according to their specific client protocols (this may include deductions, manually calculated handling fees, and tax adjustments).
- Ensures that payrolls are approved on time and by assigned due date.
- Shows reasonable judgment and determines when a client issue and/or request and/or question should be elevated to management.
- Coordinates with the accounting department to ensure funds received prior to releasing payroll or prior to releasing a foreign wire (when applicable).
- Processes adjustments to rectify incorrectly paid employees, amongst other reasons.
- Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Will be able to successfully complete any responsibility of the Data Entry Clerk, the Payroll Clerk and the Payroll Processing Associate.
- Performing any additional tasks deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payroll processing or payroll accounting preferably in the Entertainment Production industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred or equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Positive, nurturing attitude/disposition.
- Self-motivated, critically-thinking, problem-solving.
- Possesses excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to meeting strict deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of PC systems, not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and the ability to work with personnel from all levels of the organization.
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.