Local candidates only.
Cast & Crew builds software used by many of Hollywood's largest film, television, and commercial production companies and we are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our growing team. As part of the DBA team, this role is responsible for operational support of our database environment.
The primary focus will be to maintain our Oracle-based applications environments including our core Production Payroll System and Oracle Financial Accounting System (e-Business Suite Release 12). The role will also assist with our SQL Server and MySQL-based applications on-prem and in the cloud. The position will be part of the on-call rotation and will be expected to respond to critical support issues during non-business hours.
- Support patching cycles for Infrastructure and Oracle CPU patching
- Proactively monitor the health of enterprise databases – coordinate and make changes as needed
- Database backups, restores, and refreshes
- Strong SQL experience with writing and tuning queries based on application requirements
- Participate on development teams providing advice on design and tuning of database objects, queries, and overall data architecture.
- Use of tools and utilities to load and unload data, generate and edit test data
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL (designing, developing, and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions)
- Work with the various technology and business teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Provide trend analysis to the operations team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Provide query and performance expertise in support of code development
- Monitor long running transactions and can optimize query executions
- Problem escalation to development team and third parties as appropriate.
- Implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
- Documents technical environments, processes, procedures, and workflows, and effectively plans and organizes daily work following priorities set by the Senior DBA Lead
- Builds excellent working relations with all IT colleagues and users, works effectively with department and executive management, and maintains a professional relationship with outside clients
- On-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong Oracle database experience, including RDBMS architectures, backups, security, and high availability – minimum 5 years
- Proven Database Administration experience with Oracle technologies (Oracle Multitenant environments; Oracle Transparent Data Encryption (TDE); Oracle RAC; Oracle e-Business Suite (Financials); Oracle BI Publisher; Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (OEM); Oracle Data Guard; Oracle RMAN)
- Experience with AWS RDS and/or EC2
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Proven documentation skills
- Experience working in a team that delivers a high availability service
- Experience with managing internal and external database security
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL is a plus
- Working knowledge of Agile SDLC process
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous delivery is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills and is comfortable in group or small team settings
- Demonstrates a continually growing knowledge of Company’s internal business practices, processes, and the daily IT operational needs of the users
- Demonstrates strong follow-up and follow-through skills in ensuring timely completion of tasks
- Self-starter who actively takes responsibility to resolve technical problems but also knows when to ask questions to avoid major delays in delivery of work product
- Candidates must be local
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – Some positions may require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.