The Payroll Tax Coordinator handles all aspects of processing payroll tax and related payments and reporting required in conjunction with Cast & Crew’s payroll processing services. The position requires the ability to handle a diverse workload, prioritize accordingly, communicate effectively, and focus on the details while ensuring deadlines are met. Accuracy and timeliness are critical to the success of this role.
- Compute, prepare, and initiate payment for all payroll tax and related liabilities for the U.S. and Canadian taxing authorities in accordance with assigned responsibilities and applicable deadlines.
- Complete all necessary regulatory filings as assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconcile payments to liabilities from reports in the payroll and accounting systems researching any discrepancies and proposing adjustments as required for review and approval by department management.
- Answer questions and resolve issues from regulatory agencies regarding payments and filings processed.
- Answer questions and resolve issues regarding W2, 1099, 1042 and 592 forms from Production Employees.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of withholding and unemployment insurance tax payments related to federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Prepare documentation as requested by independent auditors in accordance with regular audits and other quarterly procedures; answer questions, locate materials, explain procedures and policies as requested.
- Compile and maintain a variety of files and records for the department.
- Provide support and/or back up as necessary for other Tax Coordinators.
- Create and/or update desktop procedures for all assigned tasks.
- Miscellaneous research projects and special projects as assigned by the department’s management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited institution required, or relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and MS Outlook.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Accounts Payable processing role preferable associated with the payment and processing of payroll and unemployment taxes.
- Experience with large enterprise financial systems, preferably Oracle Financials (specifically the Accounts Payable module).
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary - Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.