Cast and Crew is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to play a key leadership role in our team as we automate our multiple development pipelines that flow into AWS, Azure, and on-prem. This is a senior-level full-time position based out of our Burbank headquarters and is responsible for changing the delivery of Infrastructure Services to a highly automated and efficient platform.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy environment, possesses a passion for DevOps, is hungry to take on challenging and exciting projects, and eager to learn and teach others. The ideal candidate will need to understand software development (Dev), but enjoy all the things necessary to improving deploying, monitoring, and operating production services (Ops).
- Provide thought and subject matter leadership in DevOps. This includes; managing multi-cloud Infrastructure, advising development managers in structuring and sizing their plans, and raise red flags on faulty models or assumptions to prevent misguided implementation
- Ability to automate release deployments across all stacks
- Strong experience with release pipelines, including blue/green deployments
- Develop effective tooling to accelerate deploy and release management
- Optimize deployments for scalability, efficiency and security
- Develop infrastructure standards and best practices with a proclivity towards automation
- Maintain the configuration, identifying dependencies, potential conflicts, document the process and track a schedule of the deployments for each environment.
- Manage the configuration and uptime of all environments and microservices
- Hands on experience building automated Linux infrastructure on cloud platforms
- Design, implement, and maintain highly available infrastructures
- Build and implement monitoring and logging services
- Work with application engineering to cultivate operational standards
- Continually manage all cloud assets to ensure right-sized and minimize sprawl
- Design and implement a DR / remote service strategy
- Work with Infrastructure and Operations for the implementation of ITIL concepts and tools
- Remain current on broad technology infrastructure changes in the industry and how they may assist with driving down costs or increasing competitive advantage
- Intergrade with developers and configuration management team to implement best practices
- Cross collaboration with development team in bug management and feature release and git branching strategy
- 5+ years working in an Agile dev environment as a member of a DevOps team
- 5+ years of system architecture
- 5+ years’ experience managing/monitoring cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
- Direct experience architecting or engineering a major DevOps implementation
- Experience with cloud tools EC2, RDS, S3, Directory Services, Route53, ELB, Cloudfront, AMI
- PowerShell, Continuous Delivery pipeline – Docker,Jenkins,GitHub
- Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, SOC compliance, etc.
- Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers
- Interpersonal skills to include effective verbal and written communication with staff, key leaders and other departments
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary - Exerts up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.