Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to drive Cast & Crew digital product success at every stage of our product lifecycles. Our newly established (& growing) team is currently focused on product education, product messaging and positioning, and launching new products.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Cast & Crew, partnering closely with Customer Success, Product and Engineering, Sales, Support & Operations, and Marketing and Communications teams.
Our digital product adoption and the number of product users have grown exponentially, and we are looking to launch several new products in the upcoming year. We are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative product marketer to join our fast-growing team to support Cast & Crew’s digital products.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for motivated individual to drive strategy, launch and lead go-to-market, and own product marketing programs for our new products.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for all types of technology users (beginner to advanced) and can adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from crew to studio executive—and differentiate Cast & Crew product value propositions. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-Starter and Organized. As a first role owner you are able to quickly identify product marketing needs. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track.
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand.
- A team player. Our Product Marketing team collaborates across the Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Sales, Support & Operations teams. You can work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work.
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights (quantitative and qualitative) and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market.
Product Marketing – Key Skills (Core)
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. (Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Sales, Support & Operations teams)
- Communication skills: The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into client needs and experiences. Analysis, insights, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix.
- Messaging: Develop product value propositions that convey differentiated value delivered, not just technical features and broad benefits. Develop effective product positioning, messaging, and content strategies for Studio+ and Reporting+ products (including 2021 in-market launch).
- Product Communication: In collaboration with Product, own internal and external communication of product release notes and maintenance notices.
- Go-To-Market: Ownership of the product launch process in partnership with Product ensuring all stakeholders, both internal and external, understand the value our products are providing.
- Market Positioning & Segmentation: Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different user & client segments across Studio & Reporting+ products. Develop buyer personas and map the buyer’s journey identifying key strategies to educate buyers at each stage of the product user journey. Develop and own market definition and segmentation in collaboration with client-facing teams and Product.
- Product & Training Enablement: Partner with Customer Success & Sales on product enablement strategies – including product education and alignment. Develop client facing materials to support product enablement. Collaborate with Product Training Specialists to develop training programs and materials to educate product users.
- Client Advocacy and Market Landscape: Be an advocate for our existing and prospective clients and users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help inform Product on client and market needs.
- Pricing: Collaborate with stakeholders to develop pricing strategies and packages that aligns to the product value proposition and with our client success
- Collaboration: Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams— Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Sales, Support & Operations teams. Partner with the Product and Customer Success teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis.
- Apply entertainment industry knowledge, product marketing expertise, and general acumen to craft thoughtful product marketing strategies with the goal of creating more value for Cast & Crew Clients and Cast & Crew.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span product marketing, marketing, product management, operational roles, or product strategy.
- At least 4 years of product marketing work experience, specifically in a B2B technology company.
- Experience in the entertainment and understanding of the studio production landscape.
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle (Development/Alpha to GA)
- Excellent communication skills, keen eye for detail and creativity.
- Ability to translate technical details into benefits for the user.
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may require occasionally exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.