The Labor Relations Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day and ongoing Labor Relations responsibilities with a focus on interdepartmental relations. The Labor Relations Specialist interacts daily with other departments and outside offices as well as the Company's clients. S/he works closely with the Contract Administrators, assisting with incoming tickets, incoming Start+ and Hours+ implementations. S/he will assist the Director, Labor Relations and VP, Labor Relations as needed.
- Verify appropriate client set-up for Pension and Health plans
- Serve as back-up for Contract Administrators as needed
- Assist Labor Relations executive team with client contact and follow-up for project and contract information
- Report generation and analysis as requested by unions and clients including Canada and Residuals
- Creation and presentation of training & resource materials, through contract analysis, for use by Labor Relations and other departments
- Client Data Sheets, Contract Set-Up Reference Spreadsheets, Procedure Documentation
- Submission of Labor Relations and A/P Contribution report-related help desk programming requests
- Including working with programmers, testing, and gathering necessary acceptance approvals from all parties involved
- Point of contact with other departments (A/P, Payroll, IT, OPS, Residuals) and external parties (especially unions and fund offices) to for matters relating to establishing or improvement of interdepartmental procedures, questions and research relating to contribution rates, contract issues, and reporting
- Research inquiries from fund offices and clients and coordinating effective resolutions to any contract or billing issues, with a focus on specifying and finding solutions for ongoing problems to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure all contractual updates are circulated to all the appropriate internal individuals
- Assist with work-load balance across department
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience in Entertainment Industry or multi-union environment
- Understand collective bargaining agreement details and ability to implement
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate issues that are complex in nature, both verbally and in writing, through various mediums
- Experience collaborating with clients and departments to identify needs, prioritize requests, and build effective relationships uses tact and diplomacy
- General understanding of the payroll process highly preferred
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – Some positions may require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.