The Data Architect is an expert in business intelligence strategies and technologies comprising common functions such as data integration, data storage, data modeling, data warehousing, data mining, data analysis/analytics, data visualization, and big data. The Data Arhictect understands architectural frameworks/methodologies and relationships between information management systems and business processes. The primary responsibility of the position will be analyzing complex business requirements along with C&C’s overall strategy to develop self-service business intelligence solutions. This role also provides technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams ensuring that new initiatives enable effective analytics and reporting. A background in financial systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
· Shapes data architecture based on business needs and technology efficiency.
· Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
· Ensures standards and directional adherence across the various technical domains.
· Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints and support lifecycles. Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments are optimized.
· Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate where appropriate.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of technology initiatives to business strategies
· Design and Build BI solutions using technologies like Snowflake, Oracle, RDS, ETL Tools, Bi servers, Report development Tools, data event streaming pipelines.
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills: Results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful team player
· 5+ years hands-on Business Intelligence experience working with modern BI tools like, Tableau, SSRS.
· 3+ years of experience with data modeling, large-scale batch, and real-time data processing, ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
· Strong experience in massively data streaming, parallel processing & columnar databases.
· Strong understanding of common BI data functions, including data integration, data storage, data modeling, data mining, data visualization, and data analytics.
· Strong understanding of Big Data technology stack and methodologies: data streaming and data lake solutions.
· Strong SQL skills including the ability to write complex queries for prototyping and performance
· Familiar with programming languages such as Java, C, Perl or Python
· Familiar with managed data services on cloud platforms such as MS Azure and AWS.
· Solid experience designing and building RESTful APIs
· BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S
Special Working Conditions
· Overtime may be required
· Sedentary: involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods. Occasionally may involve exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull.
· Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management, and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.