10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Software Technical Writer
At 10x Genomics, we want ambitious, talented software professionals to join us in building revolutionary sequencing technology. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. We are revolutionizing fundamental research at the single cell level, offering comprehensive solutions to investigate single cell gene expression, immune profiling, epigenomics, spatial transcriptomics, and long-range genome analysis. While DNA sequencing technology has advanced rapidly, it’s still at a level equivalent to what assembly language was to computing, with huge advances yet to be made. 10x Genomics is creating products that are doing for sequencing what C did for computing, bringing a leap in higher-order clarity, resolution, and meaning to what is now very low-level information. Software is a key part of that leap. The scale and complexity of analyzing, managing, and visualizing sequencing data provides exciting challenges along with opportunities for innovative engineering to make a real difference.
10x Genomics is dedicated to significantly raising the bar for the quality and simplicity of software experience for customers and end users. Command-line options, logging outputs, interactive clustering visualizations, and/or documentation are all critical parts of the human interface of our software. Our products complemented with this interface ultimately enables unravelling of complex biological insights by our customers.
This position requires a highly technical and intelligent person with the ability to communicate effectively to create customer facing content that provides a seamless and intuitive user experience. The person in this role will creatively help optimize the software experience through audio, visuals, and written content. A person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields and wants to apply this talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day will be a great fit at 10x Genomics.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams, including Software, Computational Biology, Support, and Marketing to understand product portfolios and generate customer guidance content
- Plan, develop, and deliver consistent, high-quality technical documentation, release notes, tutorials, and troubleshooting guides in written and/or video format in compliance with corporate brand standards
- Use technical draft material and feedback provided by scientists and engineers to generate, revise, and sustain customer-facing content
- Contribute in planning, selection, and implementation of tools and infrastructure for delivering technical documentation resources
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, Technical Communications or related discipline
- Minimum three years experience in software technical writing or related field
- Highly proficient in English with excellent grammatical and editorial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using CLI software and documenting its usage, and/or documenting feature-rich GUI-based software and generating necessary customer-facing content
- Passion for learning about new innovations in science and technology is essential
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management skills needed to work in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Background
- A background in life sciences and/or Next Generation Sequencing
- Experience with Git, Markdown, Node.js, headless CMS, and/or Jekyll and Hugo is a plus
- Experience in creating documentation for programming tool kits used by software developers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.