We are seeking an Associate Director of Strategic Marketing to support the global downstream commercial efforts of our spatial technologies. This position will be responsible for leading the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring Xenium and Visium are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly. This role will require interfacing with multiple product managers within the platform teams, marketing program management, marketing communications, sales and distribution teams. The position will report into the global Spatial Marketing lead.
The Associate Director will be responsible for building and supporting the go-to-market and sustaining marketing efforts by identifying and understanding the key market segments. This role will need to consider numerous factors such as market segments and research areas, customer personas, competitive products, and product market fit. This individual will generate business plans on how to grow the sales funnel, identify gaps and provide solutions to sales and marketing enablement, and assign growth strategy for the platform among prioritized customer segments.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and maintain a where to play analysis and market segmentation in order to direct commercial focus and future growth opportunities.
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g. product management, R&D, and applications) in order to rank product features and benefits across customer types and translate them into value propositions.
- Be responsible for execution of sales tools to target key customer groups and segments
- Closely partner with segment marketing to develop relevant stories and compelling data for key areas of research and target customer types.
- Collaborate with sales partners to develop competitive positioning and objection handling
- Implement and maintain "best practices" in product marketing.
- Work in collaboration with Spatial Marketing Team, Marketing Communication, and Regional Marketing to actualize the global go-to-market plan
- Ensure market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences
- A minimum 8 years of product marketing experience in the life sciences
- Experience in developing marketing strategy and where to play analysis
- Experience project managing activities with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Ability to highly effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- MS or PhD Preferred
- Experience in instrumentation, single cell analysis, microscopy, data analysis, and/or spatial biology
- Experience with tissue-based assays (e.g., spatial gene expression, in situ hybridization), NGS-based assays, and/or data analysis preferred
- Experience with pathology, pharma, FISH, and/or microscopy is highly desirable
- Market development and marketing communications experience highly desired
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.