About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to develop oligonucleotide characterization and QC processes. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Process Development, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, and QC.
Candidates must have a strong analytical chemistry background with experience in HPLC, mass spectrometry and UV/Vis for the characterization of oligonucleotides. The candidate will also be proficient at interpreting mass spectrometry results and handling large datasets.
Individuals applying for this position must be creative, passionate, detail-oriented self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced environment. In addition, successful candidates will be flexible in changing direction and approaches, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization, and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Developing and implementing QC methods to assess the suitability, stability, and functionality of a range of oligonucleotides
- HPLC and high resolution mass spectrometry method development for oligonucleotide characterization
- Using 96/384 channel electronic pipettes and liquid handling robotics to develop QC sampling workflows
- Establishing processes for managing and tracking large sample sets
- Interpreting analytical data and streamlining the analysis and reporting of large datasets
- Developing QC methods for incoming raw materials
- Reporting results through documentation and presentations to internal groups
- Overseeing the installation and verification of equipment and transfer of QC methods to manufacturing
- Verifying that the manufactured product output meets all predetermined requirements
- PhD. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of academic or industrial hands-on experience in oligonucleotide characterization
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of mass spectrometry equipment and the use of mass analysis software
- The ability to write custom macros in Excel for streamlining the reporting of results.
- Exceptionally strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design and execute on meaningful experiments and perform in-depth analyses of the resultant data.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and written and oral communication skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization with the ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with other analytical techniques such as NMR and FTIR.
- Proven track record of ability to develop, validate, and transfer processes to manufacturing or OEM vendors
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP or Tableau, to analyze complex data sets, create DOE experiments, and data trending
- Ability to write scripts using R or Python
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other common laboratory automation tools, ability to program these instruments would be very beneficial
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.