We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Computational Biology group in Stockholm. You will work closely with a team of talented biochemists, chemists and engineers to develop methods for single-cell and spatial genomic assays. Our products have allowed researchers to study biology at unprecedented resolution yielding insights in diverse fields such as cancer biology, immunology, neuroscience, developmental and basic biology.
About the role:
You will work as a methods developer and analyst creating tools and quantitative analyses that provide insights for both your colleagues and the thousands of customers who use our products. You will innovate computational methods and analyses to improve product performance during a fast-paced product development cycle to help build new technologies. This includes discovering issues through careful analysis of large-scale sequencing or imaging datasets. You will also develop metrics and other automated analyses that will eventually be used by customers to benchmark assay performance.
Your strong background in data engineering, analysis and modeling enables you to extract, clean and combine datasets. You will evaluate 10x single cell and spatial genomics data to ensure our customers have clear and accurate information. The techniques and methods you develop will help customers answer important biological questions and advance biomedical science.
You will clearly communicate your ideas, work effectively with the interdisciplinary development team and incorporate feedback into your analysis. You will think strategically, be highly motivated, and willing to change direction and methods. You will thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and get the job done.
What you will be doing:
- Create and refine mathematical and statistical models to aid analysis and optimization of molecular biology reactions
- Build statistical analyses into robust internal tools for monitoring performance over time
- Build simulations to explore performance under a wide array of conditions
- Develop and implement analysis methods in software that will be used by people all over the world
- Explore NGS and in-situ datasets to convert questions into answers and allow others to do the same
- A PhD in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, computational/systems biology, physics, mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, or related field)
- Ability to quickly conceive, implement and iterate on custom statistical methods and algorithms and apply them to large datasets
- Be a strong programmer with the ability to take a new idea and quickly implement it in code
- Ability to use Python and R in method development and data analysis
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with an interdisciplinary team
- Strong interest in applying analytical tools to solve important and interesting biological problems
- Familiarity with software engineering practices and developing production software
- Knowledge of C++ and /or Rust programming language
- Experience with UNIX and cluster computing
- Familiarity with image processing and analysis
- A deep intuition for the processes utilized by current 10X related technologies
- A combination of mathematical depth with a healthy respect for the imperfections inherent in real-world data
- Prior experience combining novel and existing tools into effective pipelines or integrating disparate high-dimensional molecular datasets
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.