At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Are you a software engineer who likes to play with robots? Do you think motors and sensors are awesome? Do you think about complexity theory in the morning and thermal conductivity in the evening? Then you're probably a good fit for our embedded software role! We're hiring a software engineer who is comfortable at the bits-and-bytes level to develop embedded for our next-generation DNA and RNA processing instruments. You should have great software fundamentals, a strong knowledge of C++ and C# and a strong desire to learn more about embedded systems and sequencing. We do not require any prior background in biology or hardware.
You will have the opportunity to work on several exciting green field projects that will add another generation of powerful tools to every molecular biology lab. You will also be responsible for developing, testing, and releasing software upgrades for existing products.
- Design and develop Embedded Windows based Management and Control software for instrumentation hardware
- Develop Windows OS based support software.
- Write well structured, testable, efficient and maintainable software
- Contribute to the entire software lifecycle from requirements gathering to validation
- Work closely with the team lead and cross-functional team members to deliver high quality solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and 3 years of experience
- Masters' Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Solid understanding of C or C++ programming language
- Solid understanding of .NET and C# programming language
- Good Windows system software experience
- Should have a strong foundation in system software and data structures
- Experience in developing solutions w/ Instrument Automation and/or Liquid Handling Systems
- Experience in building control software using motion control and sensor feedback.
- Experience in Windows platform software
- Experience in graphical user interface experience in packages using QT, QML, C++ a big plus
- Experience in Python, Bash (Windows) or other scripting languages
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.