At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Software Engineer in Test - Cloud
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10X Genomics is looking for engineers to provide the best possible experience to our customers. Software is an essential component to the 10x Solutions. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to continue to raise the bar on software quality. Our team supports many web applications and the 10x cloud platform. We need technical experts to develop automated testing of web applications with an eye for details.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working closely with the web applications and cloud platform teams to plan, strategize and coordinate execution of quality assurance activities. You will engage with peer engineering, product management, design, customer support and SRE teams to build end to end testing strategies and deliver high quality products to our customers.
You will be responsible for test planning and building test automation to support the rapid development of many web applications and the 10x cloud platform.
Knowledge of biology is not required - an interest in learning new things is!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and engineering as part of a scrum product development process
- Collaborate with the scrum team to groom stories and participate in daily standups, sprint kick-off, and retrospective meetings
- Create a detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for new features as part of a scrum team
- Develop automated UI and API tests in an automation-focused QA culture
- Understand testing effort and communicate risks, concerns, and level of test efforts to your team
- Contribute to software design and code reviews
- Identify, thoroughly document, track and debug bugs for a resolution
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline or relevant experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 2+ years of experience in writing comprehensive test plans and test cases
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Selenium WebDriver
- Proven experience testing web applications, SQL databases, REST-based APIs
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins, a version control system such as Git etc.
- Nice to have experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google, Azure etc.
- Nice to have experience with cross-browser testing and localization
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.