At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Our visualization stack is a Go server driving an Electron application, primarily written in TypeScript, though we are increasingly using Rust for high-speed algorithms. You should expect to be writing mostly Go out of the gate, but you will have the opportunity to write more front-end code, or even Rust, should you choose. You will be working with an experienced, senior, innovative team, using cutting edge technology to solve even more cutting-edge biological problems.
- Demonstrated ability to ship production-quality software
- Experience writing application-level logic within the web stack, in Go, Node/Express, Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, etc
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as basic programming constructs, code efficiency analysis, and source control
- Enthusiasm for learning new things, and the capability to pick up new tools and frameworks with minimal guidance
- Ability to clearly communicate technical topics to teammates with or without software engineering backgrounds
Nice to have background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Hands-on experience writing applications in Go or Rust a significant plus
- Front-end development experience using modern web technologies (React, Vue, Angular, etc.) a plus
- Experience with image analysis and/or machine learning is a plus
- Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Curiosity goes a long way.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.