At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role
Software is at the core of our products, enabling scientists to analyze and interpret biological data. Our upcoming In Situ platform is defining a new paradigm for genomic analysis, bringing together biological advances that enable subcellular resolution and on-instrument data analysis.
We're seeking a Technical Product Manager to lead the software development of the platform, which spans instrument software and our cloud platform. You will guide the engineering teams on a broad variety of technical challenges, such as data infrastructure, cluster management, device control, and cloud connectivity. The products you will manage generate terabytes of data per experiment, including ultra high resolution images and data matrices.
This position is ideal for someone who loves working on complex software and data products, and is excited at the opportunity to build well-designed products that enable scientific discovery. A biology background is not required, as long as you have curiosity to learn about science!
About our team
We’re a diverse group that values generalist skill sets, learning, and rational decision making. To learn more about us and what we’re working on, visit this page: https://www.10xgenomics.com/pages/product-manager/
What this role entails
- Lead collaboration with multidisciplinary teams (i.e. hardware, PI, comp bio, software) to transform customer needs into software requirements and lead the team in building solutions
- Contribute to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy
- Manage the team using agile development processes, and plan out timelines and release plans
- Ensure requirements are fully understood by the development team and that implementation plans match expectations. Partner with QA in success criteria definition and test plan review
- Define meaningful product metrics; find and analyze the data to drive decision making on priorities
To be successful in this role you must have
- Software engineering background preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand and empathize with customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to make well-reasoned tradeoff decisions
We know people are what make a team and company great, and care about building a supportive environment for you to grow. Here are some of the perks we provide:
- Our Software Product team has a hybrid remote and onsite culture.
- We pay competitively, which includes a strong base, equity, annual bonus, and annual equity refreshes.
- We have a wonderful HQ that’s right off of BART in Pleasanton, CA with free daily lunch and unlimited snacks, a satellite office in San Francisco, CA, and offices around the globe.
- We offer comprehensive, full-coverage health plans, life insurance, and 401(k).
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.