At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role
We're seeking a Product Manager, Instrument Experience to guide software product development for our upcoming spatial instruments. Our instruments combine imaging technologies with easy to use, polished user interfaces.
This position is ideal for someone with a system engineering mindset, who loves the intersection of hardware and software, and has a passion for building well-designed products that enable scientific discovery. In this role, you’ll build the roadmap for our spatial instruments, and be the product manager for our embedded team, which builds the software on-board our instruments.
About the 10x Genomics Software Product Team:
We’re a diverse group that values generalist skill sets, learning, and rational decision making. To learn more about the team and what we work on, visit our team site: https://www.10xgenomics.com/pages/product-manager/
What you will be doing:
- Own the product roadmap for Visium CytAssist and prioritize customer needs for our upcoming In-Situ platform
- Conduct voice of customer research, gather clear customer use cases, turn needs into product feature requirements, and lead the team in building solutions.
- Work on a day-to-day basis with engineering, design, QA, and firmware team to develop intuitive, enjoyable customer experiences on instruments and corresponding software. Keep them informed and unblocked, and help them understand the context of what they’re working on.
- Manage the team using agile development processes, and plan out timelines and release plans.
- Take part in crafting strategy and roadmap across our software portfolio.
- Define meaningful product metrics; find and analyze the data to drive decision making on priorities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience with NGS or imaging systems preferred
- Experience in software product management or hardware product management (3+ years preferred)
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand and empathize with customers
- Ability to make well-reasoned tradeoff decisions
We know people are what make a team and company great, and care about building a supportive environment for you to grow. Here are some of the perks we provide:
- Our Software Product team has a flexible work from home culture. For this position, we prefer people who can come into the office 2-3 days a week, but let us know what your situation is!
- We pay competitively, which includes a strong base, equity, annual bonus, and annual equity refreshes.
- We have a wonderful HQ that’s right off of BART in Pleasanton, CA with free daily lunch and unlimited snacks, a satellite office in San Francisco, CA, and offices around the globe.
- We offer comprehensive, full-coverage health plans, life insurance, and 401(k).
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.