At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you a software engineer who likes to play with oscilloscopes? Do you think motors and sensors are awesome? Do you think about complexity theory in the morning and thermal conductivity in the evening? Then you're probably a good fit for our embedded software role! We're hiring a software engineer who is comfortable at the bits-and-bytes level to develop embedded for our next-generation DNA and RNA processing instruments. You should have great software fundamentals, a strong knowledge of C (or even assembly language) and a strong desire to learn more about embedded systems and sequencing. We do not require any prior background in biology or hardware.
You will have the opportunity to work on several exciting green field projects that will add another generation of powerful tools to every molecular biology lab. You will also be responsible for developing, testing, and releasing firmware upgrades for existing products.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and develop Embedded Linux based Management and Control software for instrumentation hardware
- Develop microcontroller-based unit control logic with real-time performance characteristics.
- Write well structured, testable, efficient and maintainable software
- Contribute to the entire software lifecycle from requirements gathering to validation
- Work closely with the team lead and cross-functional team members to deliver high quality solutions
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Mechatronics, or a related field and 5+ years of work experience
- Solid understanding of C or C++ programming language
- Should have 3+ years of experience in building Linux platform or control plane software for embedded devices
- Should have a strong foundation in system software and data structures
- Should have experience in developing distributed control systems for embedded solutions
- Experience in building control software using motion control and sensor feedback.
- Experience with CAN, SPI, I2C device management experience is a plus
- Experience in Linux platform software for ARM based System-on-Chip solutions
- Experience in graphical user interface development in Linux and/or Windows is a plus
- Experience in Python and C# (Windows)
ABOUT 10x GENOMICS
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.