At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Director People Analytics
Creating stories and driving impact through data
About the Role
At 10x Genomics we hire the best, and the people team help 10xers do the best work of their lives. If your professional passion is helping to create a high-performance work environment by pioneering innovative people analytics and insights --then we should talk. We are looking for a results-oriented leader ready to channel all their experiences into creating solutions that deliver breakthrough business results.
Reporting to the VP of Total Rewards, this role will be responsible for delivering analytical products and insights that facilitate the right conversations and actions for achieving our strategic HR and business goals. Specifically, you will be responsible for delivering analytical products that enable HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and Total Rewards to drive insight and impact.
This position is based in Pleasanton, CA.
What you will be doing:
- Helping the people function and leaders see new patterns through synthesizing data and information into coherent storytelling, and recommendations
- Work effectively across various partners in HR to develop compelling insights and to deliver scaled solutions
- Create insightful and actionable analytics
- Proactively provide guidance on these insights and suggest opportunities for actions
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the current analytical products and insights and be able to iterate to ensure dashboards, reports, visualizations, and insights are having the intended impact
- Scale the people analytics team to align to that of our growing organization
To be successful, you will need:
- 10+ years of experience in an analytics or strategic HR consulting role at a large multinational company
- 5+ years of experience leading through others and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience with people strategies, analytics, change management, diversity & inclusion, design-thinking, program, and project management
- Strong team leadership, partnership, influencing and communication experience with technical leaders
- Experienced navigating a fast paced, dynamic working environment
- Demonstrated expertise in diversity and inclusion
- Established track record of dealing with very sensitive data, and exercising proven judgment and discretion
It would be brilliant if you already had:
- A strong focus on quality and a passion for accuracy
- Excellent communication and enablement skills
- you will need to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and be able to summarize your insights in writing and produce well-crafted narratives and examples used for enablement sessions
- Effective collaboration practices
- our function thrives in incorporating feedback and ideas into our products and insights from our stakeholders across the business
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.