At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer to develop and implement the foundation of our R&D and IT cloud systems. You will be part of a Research Computing group dedicated to driving 10x Genomics’ cloud journey in both research and IT.
About the role:
- Engineer and automate our AWS cloud environments for security, reliability and scale
- Build and develop computation resources in our AWS multi-account environment.
- Handy with Python, Shell Scripts, Makefiles, VCS, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems in complex environments.
- Proven focus on teamwork and collaborative interaction with operations and development teams and other departments.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 5 years + experience deploying computational workloads on AWS Batch, Kubernetes, or other workload managers.
- Knowledge of classic HPC workload managers (SGE/UGE/SLURM/etc.).
- Experience migrating workloads from on-premises data centers to the cloud.
- Background or experience with high performance computing.
- Experience managing and protecting large datasets in AWS.
- Experience in a fast-paced R&D environment
- Developing, managing, and testing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, Ansible, Git, and other tools
Supporting, monitoring, optimizing, and troubleshooting infrastructure as code with a focus on automated solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.