At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
You will be responsible for designing and developing tests and associated software tools to ensure the best possible customer experience. You will identify, generate, and evaluate data and metrics for testing our computational biology pipelines. You will work closely with software engineers and scientists to identify requirements and develop test plans and test cases for new and existing products. You will identify possible edge cases outside normal usage and develop tests to ensure support of a broader range of data. You will work with software support to help resolve customer issues.
- Plan design, develop, and automate test plans against software releases.
- Test/evaluate analysis computational biology pipelines and their components (spatial gene expression, single-cell analysis)
- Work with computational biologists/bioinformaticians and software engineers to develop tests, define test metrics and troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Report test issues and results in a consistent and timely manner.
- Support troubleshooting of customer issues.
Desired Skills and Background
- BS/MS in bioinformatics, computer science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years bioinformatics development/testing or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of python, bash, linux, and git.
- Understanding of standard image analysis algorithms (segmentation and registration).
- Experience with image processing toolkits (e.g. opencv, pillow, scikit-image, ITK, ImageJ).
- Ability to script creation and manipulation of images.
- Experience in DNA sequencing is a plus.
- Experience in designing and developing validation, verification, and regression tests is a plus.
- Experience in issue tracking systems (Jira) is a plus.
- Experience in Go, Rust, C/C++, R and Node.js are pluses.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (jenkins, travis) is a plus.
- Experience in AWS ecosystem is a plus
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.