At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We’re seeking a Product Manager, Web to lead the design, development, and content direction of our websites and build dynamic customer experiences. Our websites encompass the core experience that all of our customers use to get started with their 10x experiments and accelerate their scientific process. Our engineering and design team have built the site using a modern tech stack (React, Netlify CMS) and design system, which allows rapid scalability for the future. In this role, you’ll work closely with product designers, engineers, R&D, and the marketing team to plan and build out the best web experiences for our customers. You'd manage the web roadmap, deeply understand what information customers need, lead improvements to our content and information architecture, and report on web performance and metrics to our executive team.
What you will be doing:
- Prioritize new features on web and manage the roadmap by using agile scrum processes
- Collaborate with product designers, engineers, and other teams to design intuitive, enjoyable user experiences
- Conduct customer research to deeply understand perspectives and how customers learn
- Dig into our analytics and search traffic to see how we're doing and what we can do better; Orchestrate A/B tests
- Conduct customer research and collaborate with scientists and researchers to design what tools would be most beneficial
- Plan for future web expansions that would bring more complex software into the cloud
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Strong creative skills: You get excited about conceiving creative ideas and crafting ways to make it easier for scientists and researchers to get started and get their experimental questions answered.
- Excellent organization and project management skills: You have demonstrated abilities to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines.
- Ability to understand the customer: You enjoy understanding how people think, and what content might be most useful for them to learn.
- Web development knowledge: You have a good understanding of HTML, CSS, and databases, and how to build data-driven web pages.
- Data analysis skills: You have experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, A/B testing) and a drive to derive the right insights and interpretations from data.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.