At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
10x Genomics is seeking an Engineering leader to manage and grow our Embedded-SW team. As Senior Software Manager of Embedded team, you will lead your team to design, architect and deliver various instruments solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on several exciting green field projects that will add another generation of powerful tools to every molecular biology lab. As a leader you will help ensure that the team is delivering the features that scientists need to advance biology and accelerate research
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead and grow the Embedded-SW team by retaining and recruiting the best-in-class engineering talent
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, product owners and engineers
- Work with teams across 10xGenomics to foster a collaborative culture to deliver the right product on-time
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- Deep understanding HW-SW interfaces, control systems and software architecture
- Deep experience in building Linux based Embedded highs in availability solutions
- Ability to communicate highly technical subject matter in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- At least 3 years of proven track record building and managing high performing teams
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer delivering results in a highly cross-functional project environment
ABOUT 10x GENOMICS
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.