At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
10X Genomics is looking for engineers to provide the best possible experience to our customers. Software is an essential component to the 10X Solutions. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to continue to raise the bar on software quality. Our team supports Linux HPC applications, electron desktop applications, web development, and advanced scientific instrument software and firmware. The team supports a wide array of disciplines. We need technical experts to drill down into the details of software, test automation and computational biology, as well as generalists who can bridge the various domains. No one individual is an expert in all of these areas - we’re building a diverse and collaborative team to meet the needs of our customers.
You will be responsible for designing and developing frameworks and tools to support the Computational Biology Test Team, as well as designing and implementing tests as needed. You will work closely with software engineers and computational biologists to identify requirements and develop automation that will improve testing capabilities. You will work with software support to help resolve customer issues. You will develop new tools to automate tests, support development, and contribute to existing automation. Knowledge of biology is not required - an interest in learning new things is!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Plan, design, develop, and support frameworks and utilities used for testing
- Support and manage continuous integration systems
- Work with software engineers, computational biologists, and software test engineers to determine the requirements needed in creating these utilities
- Report test issues and results in a consistent and timely manner
- Support troubleshooting of test and customer issues
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- BS/MS in computer science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in developing testing frameworks and utilities
- Experience in designing and developing validation, verification, and regression tests
- Good knowledge of Python, Bash, Linux, and Git
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Travis) is required
- Deep understanding of testing frameworks such as Pytest is highly desirable
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is highly desirable
- Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira) and test-tracking systems (Testrail) is a plus
- Experience in Go, Rust, and/or R is a plus
- Experience with image processing tools (e.g. OpenCV) and algorithms are a plus
- Experience with configuration management (e.g. ansible) is a plus
- Knowledge of bioinformatics applications and DNA sequencing is a plus, but not required
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.