At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We're seeking Software Engineers in Test for our next generation Embedded Application Platform and Embedded Products. This platform will be used to build devices, which helps scientific researchers make discoveries, faster. This is a rare opportunity to work at the intersection of software, hardware, science to make a real impact on the world, including accelerating research that cures diseases.
You will be responsible for the quality and reliability of our upcoming Embedded products. You will work with various Engineering teams and Business owners to identify the requirements and build test solutions.
Our products are literally at the frontiers of Technology, that we need to build specialized applications for testing it. A big part of this job is to build such test applications and implement automated-tests. You are expected to build various tools needed for simulating customer scenarios and integrate it with automation framework.
Existing biology/science background is not required.
**You MUST have experience in testing or developing Embedded Applications.**
What you will be doing:
- Build test-applications for upcoming features.
- Automate verification scripts. Ensure automation is executed in a CI environment.
- Plan test cases for software features. Execute and report results of tests against 10X instruments at both hardware and software levels.
- Update/Review software created by peers. Ensure automation repo and test-suites are functional at all times.
- Enhance and maintain automation framework and various simulators needed for building a sustainable automation setup.
- Perform exploratory instrument testing on new/existing products.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Programming experience in Python or C/C++ or equivalent. (Please note: Hands on programming experience is required)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in Embedded application development or testing experience is required. Might consider candidates with lesser experience for junior position.
- Experience with building continuous integration systems or test frameworks is a plus.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.