At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role
We're seeking a Product Manager to guide software product development for our on-market and upcoming instruments, including Chromium Controller and Chromium X. Our instruments combine novel microfluidics technology with easy to use, polished user interfaces.
This position is ideal for someone with a system engineering mindset, who loves the intersection of hardware and software, and has a passion for building well-designed products that enable scientific discovery. In this role, you'll own the roadmap for one or more of our instruments, and be the product manager for our embedded team, which builds the software on-board our instruments.
About the 10x Genomics Software Product Team:
We’re a diverse group that values generalist skill sets, learning, and rational decision making. To learn more about the team and what we work on, visit our team site: https://www.10xgenomics.com/pages/product-manager/
What this role entails:
- Own the product roadmap for one or more of our instruments, including Chromium Controller, Chromium Connect, or our upcoming Chromium X and Visium CytAssist.
- Conduct voice of customer research, gather clear customer use cases, turn needs into product feature requirements, and lead the team in building solutions.
- Work on a day-to-day basis with engineering, design, QA, and firmware team to develop intuitive, enjoyable customer experiences on instruments and corresponding software. Keep them informed and unblocked, and help them understand the context of what they’re working on.
- Manage the team using agile development processes, and plan out timelines and release plans.
- Take part in crafting strategy and roadmap across our software portfolio.
- Define meaningful product metrics; find and analyze the data to drive decision making on priorities.
What we're looking for:
- Background in software product management or hardware product management.
- Ideal candidates have knowledge of either: programming languages, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to understand and empathize with customers.
- Ability to make well-reasoned tradeoff decisions.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.