At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
In this role, you will be developing visual interfaces in support of high-definition spatial biology instruments and applications. Our platform combines high-resolution microscopy with innovative chemistry to allow scientists to determine what individual cells within a tissue are doing. If microscopy provides a map, our platform will provide roads, traffic, points of interest, and more. This new technology will be used for cancer research, disease pathology, and many other applications.
* Create user interfaces for an innovative imaging platform.
* Develop interactive UI components, pages and user flows.
* Collaborate with backend engineers to develop vital end-to-end features.
* Accurately translate UI/UX designs into working code.
* Observe scientists and engineers using your applications, and iterate based on their feedback.
* Review and improve team members' code.
Desired Skills and Background
* 3+ years shipping software.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar.
* Significant experience developing web applications in modern frameworks; React experience preferred.
* Familiarity with TypeScript a plus.
* Background in biology not required; curiosity will go a long way.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote development will be considered for the strongest candidates; Bay Area preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.