At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x is looking for an outstanding Process Engineer to join the Process Development team. This is a key position for the commercialization of consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. This person will be responsible for developing and integrating process control and yield optimization solutions for complex reagent manufacturing workflows and identifying process to function relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in statistics and data analysis. Knowledge and hands on experience with trend analysis, yield enhancement methods, correlation and ANOVA analysis, quality systems databases, developing statistical process control for reagent manufacturing and previous experience in manufacturing SPC are required.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and implement process monitoring for robust manufacturing of complex reagents.
- Establish requirements for MES system
- Write custom database queries to extract and aggregate MES, SCADA, and QC data from multiple databases, analyze this data and establish trends and guard bands for process control.
- Identify key parameters and establish statistically relevant correlations between regent QC metrics and next generation sequencing metrics.
- Contribute to CAPA investigations and remediation. Provide data analysis and support for root cause investigations.
- Provide guidance for expansion of data collection activities to R&D organization. Develop light weight sample tracking and automated data collection for subsequent sequencing.
- Produce reports on process / method capabilities, component variability and ANOVA.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of testing, conduct in-depth data analysis, and clearly communicate these results through documentation and presentations.
To be successful, you will need:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Process Chemistry, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in statistical process control and monitoring.
- BS with 5+ years of experience, or MS / PhD with 1-3 years of experience.
- Relevant experience developing process control for the manufacture of successful products.
- Previous experience programming databases is required. Experience with Oracle, Ignition, Postgres databases and NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing highly desired.
- Ability to work with scientist and engineers to establish correlations between QC data and sequencing metrics. Ability to identify potential sources of root cause for failure analysis.
- Familiar with Illumina Next Gen Sequencing data and key sequencing pipelines and metrics.
- Experience with standard statistical analysis software (e.g. JMP, CHARTrunner, Minitab, Matlab) is required.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.