At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x is looking for an outstanding Senior Scientist-Process Chemist to join the Process Development team and take processes from concept to full implementation in a commercial manufacturing facility. The position requires a technical understanding of surface chemistry and process development related to photolithography and microfabrication of consumables at a production scale. The candidate will work with the Chemistry, Assay Development, Engineering, and Microfluidics teams to develop, optimize, validate, and transfer new chemistries and processes required to produce 10x reagents and consumables. Experience in organic, polymer or nucleotide chemistry, enzymatic processes, and experience developing optical inspection methods is a plus.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, characterize and optimize production methods for photolithography and enzymatic based processes.
- Integration of these chemistries into various microarray or fluidic handling mechanisms.
- Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
- Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
- Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
- Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control. Develop optical methods to assess surface metrology.
- Implement statistical process control tools.
- Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
To be successful, you will need:
- PhD in Surface Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Process Chemistry or related field with 0-3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong process development experience demonstrating control of manufacturing processes through appropriate Process Design and QC methods.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
- Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.