At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
10x Genomics is seeking an Engineering leader to manage and grow our cloud services and backend team. In this role you will lead a team to design, architect and deliver various backend services and products. Some of these include a highly scalable 10x Genomics Cloud Analysis application that can process petabytes of data, cloud services for 10x connected instruments, a self-scaling cloud high-performance computing cluster manager, and an open source framework for developing and executing complex computational pipelines. The cloud team is a force multiplier for our internal computational biology team as well as our customers; it's central mandate is to make access to compute resources and data seamless and easy for internal and external customers. As a leader you will help ensure that the team is delivering the features that scientists need to advance biology and accelerate research
What you will be doing:
- Lead, and grow the cloud team by retaining and recruiting the best in class engineering talent
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, product owners and engineers
- Provide hands on technical leadership and vision to the team
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
To be successful you must have:
- Deep fundamentals in computer science with strong competencies in algorithms, and software design
- In-depth understanding of architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Hands-on experience with microservices, RESTful and GraphQL services, load balancer such as Nginx and Envoy, cloud computing platforms (AWS), web security, logging and performance monitoring.
- Familiarity with distributed systems architecture, networking, object stores, Kubernetes, and containers
- Demonstrated ability to ship web applications in an agile setting and handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Ability to communicate highly technical subject matter in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences
- At least 5 years of proven track record building and managing high performing teams
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.