At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
IT Support Engineer (Singapore)
Information technology is a vital and integral part of our success. At 10x, IT not only provides secure, stable, and scalable infrastructure and services for the business, it serves as a catalyst for innovation and productivity. We are looking for a Singapore-based IT Support Engineer with superb knowledge of Windows and macOS and extensive experience and skills in end-user support to join our global IT Team. The Engineer must be highly organized, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, enjoy working with end-users daily, and have the ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
• Configure, deploy, and support desktops, laptops, and other end-user devices.
• Manage user accounts, security groups, mailing lists, and application access according to SOPs.
• Handle service requests, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a thorough, timely, and professional manner.
• Assist in the testing and deployment of new technologies.
• Maintain detailed documentation, change records, and inventory.
• Support and maintain audio/visual and VoIP software and devices.
• Off-hour support may be required on occasions.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience.
• Should have solid experience in Jamf, MobileIron, Okta, G-Suite and BitLocker.
• 5+ years of experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 and macOS 10.12+.
• Experience with Mobile Device Management technologies.
• Experience in managing user accounts, security groups, and group policies in Active Directory.
• Experience with endpoint protection and backup software.
• Experience in configuring and troubleshooting collaboration and productivity software including Gmail, GSSMO, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
• Solid understanding of basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, VPN, and encryption.
• Experience with supporting VoIP and audio/visual systems.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task, with a commitment to resolve issues and complete projects and tasks in a responsive, accurate, and timely manner.
• Strong desire to learn and implement new technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain IT concepts to both technical and non-technical users.
Nice to have skills & background:
• Strong understanding of NTFS permissions and experience in administering Windows file server and print server.
• Singapore Citizen/PR highly preferred.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.