At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 800 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Instrumentation Engineering group to supporting our ultra-precision mechanical designs and execution of 10x products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Mechanical Engineering of automation and life sciences instrumentation. Demonstrated hands on experience with SolidWorks and PDM software is required. Previous experience in producing mechanical designs that include automation, fluid handling and instrument structural components are a must.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of mechanical designs for life science instrumentation or medical capital equipment.
- Designing pneumatic systems for microfluidic management, including pressure control architecture and the selection of sensors, valves and pumps.
- Developing instrument electro-mechanical and structural components
- Coordinate designs with other key functions including Assay, Optical, Electrical and System Engineering.
- Development of automated fluid and consumables handling automation/robotics.
- Proven track record of taking new products from concept through design and into manufacturing.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience producing mechanical design documentation, in support of releasing new products into manufacturing.
- Experience with managing both internal and external (out-sourced) product development efforts.
To be successful, you will need:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in life science instrumentation, and/or automation/robotics mechanical design.
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Understanding of GD&T and statistical tolerance analysis
- Understands basic thermal dynamics, fluid dynamics, and stress analysis.
- Working knowledge and understanding of pneumatics is a strong plus
- Familiarity with various ideation methodologies and design for manufacturing principles.
- Experienced in Supplier Engagement and support, domestic and off-shore
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques, machining, injection molding and consumables for biotech
- Experience working with under ISO 9001
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.