10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Scientist – Process Chemist
10x is seeking an outstanding Senior Scientist to join the Process Development team to lead the development and technology transfer effort on new processes as they move through the product pipeline. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Microfluidics, QC, and Manufacturing, to develop and validate reagents or processes for the rapid expansion of 10X product lines. Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of process chemistry, molecular biology, and analytical chemistry and be able to apply that knowledge creatively to develop, characterize and optimize processes required to manage these chemistries at volume in production. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in formulations, analytical method development, dispensing, liquid handlers, scale-up, process implementation and validation in a commercial manufacturing for a successful product.
- Lead the technology transfer of new processes from R&D to complete implementation in Manufacturing for commercial launch.
- Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of chemistry based production processes.
- Develop analytical and enzyme-based QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
- Integration of these chemistries into various fluidic handling and dispensing mechanisms.
- Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
- Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
- Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
- Implement statistical process control tools.
- Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
- Install and verify equipment, document processes and train operators.
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in process chemistry, molecular biology, analytical chemistry, or related field.
- 5 years relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Demonstrated record of successful technology transfer from early R&D concepts into customer-facing products.
- Strong Process Transfer experience demonstrating control of manufacturing processes through appropriate Process Design and QC methods.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Experience with automation equipment or custom instrumentation.
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
- Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.