10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate and results-oriented professional to join our Procurement Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Operational and Supply Chain Management in Life Sciences or pharmaceutical industry. The position is expected to lead the raw material operational purchasing team and will be responsible for the planning and execution of raw material purchases to support the manufacturing of 10x products.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Manage daily purchasing activities for raw materials
- Develop deep knowledge on various 10x product lines and raw materials used in these products
- Work closely with Production and Planning team to ensure material availability for manufacturing and sales. React quickly to changing forecasts and demands
- Develop and drive various purchasing reporting and KPIs
- Improving purchasing processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction
- Implement optimal raw material inventory strategy to ensure supply continuity and cost efficiency
- Drive supplier performance to meet long term requirements by building relationships and trust with suppliers and develop supply chain risk mitigation plans. Manage supplier relationship and supplier performance KPIs
- Deliver monthly/quarterly forecasts for key raw materials to suppliers
- Monitor market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities
- Support material sourcing and purchasing activities for new product launches
- Support the configuration, testing and troubleshooting of the future ERP system
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree. A degree in relevant fields such as Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Genetics/Genomics is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Procurement/Supply chain experience in Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and data driven. Hands-on ability to run complicated data analysis independently
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle shifting priorities and deadlines
- Effective communicator with ability to influence at all levels
- Proven track record to structure and negotiate deals and deliver values to organizations
- Proficiency in ERP system software, with emphasis on Operations/Supply Chain functionality
- Willingness to embrace new ideas and changes
- Experience in mentoring and team management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability