10x Genomics is a high-growth genomics instruments, consumables and software company, founded in 2012 and now comprising 600+ employees. 10x is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, 10x’s Chromium System performs deep cellular analyses, enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. The company’s mission is to accelerate the mastery of biology to advance human health.
Since launching its first product in 2015, 10x Genomics has quickly become one of the most successful and impactful companies in the life sciences industry. The company raised a total of $243 million in funding from investors that included Venrock, Fidelity, and Softbank. 10x went public in September 2019 in an IPO that raised nearly $390 million. 10x has reported significant growth in revenue, generating $146 million in 2018, with >100% annual growth. In a short period of time, 10x has achieved leadership across multiple fields in the life sciences, enabling fundamental discoveries described in over 450 peer-reviewed publications. The company is in the very early stages of its growth and anticipates many opportunities ahead, spanning basic research as well as applications in biopharma and clinical diagnostics.
Products and Solutions
Since introducing its first commercial product in 2015, 10x has launched numerous products spanning instruments, reagents, and software across multiple application areas, including single cell analysis, immunology and spatial genomics. The company’s Chromium platform has a global install base of over 1,000 instruments, used across many areas of biology, including oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. In 2018 10x launched multiple new products and made its first two acquisitions to bring in new technologies for future product development. The company has an extensive and deep product pipeline and will continue advancing within existing product lines and expand into new directions.
Regional Marketing Manager – Events, Americas (West Coast)
Location: Bay Area or San Diego, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area company developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask scientific questions they didn’t know they could ask.
Fueled by scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
As the Regional Marketing Manager – Events, Americas (West Coast), this position will report to the Director of Americas (AMR) Regional Marketing. This position will be primarily responsible for the planning, management and execution of 10x Genomics’ external events in the West Coast territory of the AMR Region. The regional event portfolio includes but not limited to national/regional tradeshows, conferences, partner events, user group meetings, seminar series, and distributor meetings. This position is also responsible for setting strategic communication direction as well as ensuring effective evaluation of results.
The Regional Marketing Manager – Events must be a motivated self-starter who can effectively deal with ambiguity, easily adapt to change, and maintain calm under pressure. Experience in the life sciences and familiarity with the communication needs/preferences of scientists and researchers is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent project management, negotiating, and execution skills.
- Collaborate with AMR Regional Marketing Managers, Sales Executives, District Managers, Science & Technology Advisors and others to develop an event strategy that is aligned with overall regional sales and marketing strategy to meet annual territory business objectives
- Plan and manage the venue selection process, contract reviews, site inspections, transportation, food and beverage, accommodations, and budget reconciliation
- Develop and coordinate the production of event materials including booth graphics and physical assets, agendas, badges, signage, and presentation templates in collaboration with brand/marketing communications team and/or agency partners
- Manage promotional and booth inventory for Americas region
- Partner with Regional Marketing Managers in respective territory to create communication messages to promote events externally and manage the distribution of communications with the digital marketing and social media team.
- Track event registrations, attendance and management of event spend
- Communicate regulatory with internal stakeholders on event objectives, agenda and event status from pre-event through program execution and measurement
- Evaluate event impact by reporting on event metrics and ROI, as well as providing recommendations for improvement of event planning and processes
- Builds strong relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Adhere to 10x Genomics standards of business conduct
- Maintain confidentiality of client and business data at all times
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in association, exhibit, meetings and/or events management in the life sciences or B2B industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. marketing communications, marketing, public relations)
- Persuasive communications skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including experience using project management software (e.g. WorkFront, Asana, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Available for evening and weekend work during events
- Diplomatic and service-oriented
- Ability to regularly move objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Requires up to 50% travel, including weekends