At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
As an Support Automation Scientist for 10x Genomics Instrument platforms, you'll act as the escalation pathway for automation hardware service and support issues, as well as being a key contact for your OEM automation partners and customers. Your primary goal is to ensure instrumentation lives up to the 10x standard for truly transforming our customers research.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the escalation process for systemic service and support issues with 10x instrumentation. Partner daily with our application focused FAS team, Technical Support, in-house R&D scientists and Engineers to provide timely resolution to escalated issues.
- Be the principal point of contact for service issues with our High Throughput, custom 10x automation integration customers.
- In conjunction with product management, communicate with 10x Support organization to provide updates and explanations on firmware changes and hardware failure modes.
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience while serving as a member of core product development teams
- Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external customers.
- Cooperatively with R&D and the support Training Manager, lead Technical Instrument Training. Develop and maintain the Training Curriculum for Support. Lead and/ or assist the training of new Support personnel.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum BS with demonstrable skills and experience with Automation, Biological, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering in a High Tech or Biotech instrumentation company.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills are a MUST
- Willing to travel up to 50%, International and Domestic
Additional, desirable, skills & experience:
- MS in relevant subject.
- Secondary experience with Genomics highly desirable.
- Experience in Customer-facing roles strongly preferred.
- Illumina NGS, Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.