Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Manager, Inside Sales Specialist
As the team lead, the Inside Sales Manager is accountable for achieving and exceeding business objectives and managing their direct territory. The role will be based at our EMEA Deliverables for business objectives include developing & deploying execution strategies; recruiting, hiring, training, aid in managing and developing Inside Sales staff; collaboration with field sales and other commercial managers in the successful execution of cross-departmental projects; take lead on identified projects or programs for Inside Sales from conception to completion.
Deliverables for the direct sales territory is managing the customer sales process for products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Includes generating qualified sales leads, engaging with existing customers, guiding customers to products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes and closing the sales. Collaborates closely with the wider sales team to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific product line and/or sales territory.
- Help lead, inspire, and organize both tactical and strategic activities. Develop and optimize systems and tools to enable and track optimal sales performance. Ensures a high level of liaison with other departments to ensure co-ordination of activities and understanding of common goals. Provides regular reports on status of specific sales, the market and competitor activities.
- Develop training plans to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees.
- Ensures that Inside Sales personnel record timely and accurate account/contact details within 10X Genomics’ CRM database.
- Manages the customer sales process for specific territory, products lines and/or accounts via phone and e-mail.
- Independently establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Helps specific sales team to meet sales targets, provide accurate forecasting, and in maintaining lead, opportunity, and customer information in the CRM database.
- Activities include further qualifying in-bound marketing qualified leads, engaging with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the products that best meet needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions or objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
- Works collaboratively with the wider sales team including Sales Execs, Technical Sales Specialists and Customer Service.
- Establishes and maintains strong, positive, productive relationships with clients including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Track and report on all activities to managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned. All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Required Skills and Background
- 3+ years successful track record in sales including 2+ years in genetics or a related life sciences field preferred strongly preferred.
- B. S. in life science, chemistry or business required.
- Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line
- NGS Sales experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate well and think quick on your feet
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to identify customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM database required
- Additional language skills an advantage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.