Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Scientist, Assay Automation
10x is seeking an outstanding individual to join its growing Engineering and Product Development team. The ideal candidate will have a strong development background and experience working with today’s leading liquid handling robots. Under the direction of Product Integration, this individual will work alongside biology, engineering and software teams to create robust robotic-based processes of current and future 10X-based assays. This individual will support verification, process transfer activities and will interface with key stakeholders to ensure day to day operations occur.
Individuals applying for this position must be highly motivated, with exceptional attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively. They must be able to work both independently and as a part of a multi‐disciplinary team. Exceptional consideration will be given to individuals who contributed to the successful launch of customer-facing automation products.
- Lead development of liquid handling automation for 10x Genomics’ Single Cell and Spatial assays
- Assist in the design, implementation, troubleshooting and verification of assays and chemistries on automation platforms
- Work with customers and the marketing team to optimize instrument function and maximize customer satisfaction by driving continuous improvement through development cycles
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Molecular Biology or other biotech related field
- 5+ years of experience programming control commands for liquid handling robotic systems (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman-Coulter, Agilent or other vendors)
- Demonstrated proficiency in transferring complex manual workflows to automated liquid handling systems
- Experience successfully integrating 3rd party devices into robotic liquid handling systems
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C Sharp, or C++
- Comfort working with documentation and version-controlled processes
- Experience with molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including DNA/RNA purification, PCR and qPCR
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with NGS library preparation and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement complex multi‐step assay schemes
- Experience with .XML or Custom GUI Programming
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of complex data sets