Security Manager / Sr. Security Manager
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter, hands-on Security Manager to keep 10x Genomics’ people and property secure. The successful candidate will be experienced in managing physical security, including systems, security officers and identifying and mitigating risk to the company’s people and environment. An early accomplishment will be to build a security program for all of 10x’s locations globally. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Global Real Estate and Facilities and is based at 10x’s Pleasanton, CA headquarters.
- Develop physical security strategy, gathering buy-in from executives and implement accordingly. Included in the strategy will be travel risk and regional crisis management programs.
- Partner with functional and business leaders to identify and document risks. Recommend mitigation measures.
- Create and oversee a security operations center, ensuring that security systems are monitored. Working with the rest of the Real Estate and Facilities management team, establish protocols for the operations center to handle off-hours emergency calls for the facilities.
- Work closely with Workplace and Facilities managers, HR and IT to provide a secure environment that does not feel restrictive to 10x employees and guests.
- Drive development and delivery of security awareness programs for employees that is relevant and relatable. This includes violence mitigation, employee personal safety, and applications that bring value to 10x.
- Manage access control and CCTV systems, leveraging external resources.
- Leverage outsourced security services, including security officers and operations center(s).
- Work with Purchasing to negotiate contracts for security vendors (e.g. security staff support, access control system integrators) balancing great service levels with competitive pricing.
- Develop and manage budget for suppliers to the function.
- Collaborate with IT for systems implementation. Support efforts on information security as needed.
- Collaborate with EH&S manager on emergency preparedness and response.
- Partner with HR to provide needed support for employee-related matters and investigations when requested.
- Work with property management on security related matters.
- Oversee security aspects of the build-out of new 10x locations throughout the world.
- Cultivate positive working relationships with local and federal authorities in 10x locations; act as liaison for the company with the authorities as needed.
- Advise on executive protection.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Advise on and support security at company events, establishing emergency protocols.
- Seven to ten years related experience, preferably in the biotech industry.
- Extensive, demonstrated knowledge of appropriate security protocols and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Collaborative approach with the team and suppliers and proven success in building, leading and managing a team.
- Ability to handle multiple requests, work in a fast-paced environment, and be responsive to customer requests/service issues.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and bring creative, nonstandard, and innovative solutions to the table.
- Ability to manipulate data and draw business conclusions. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 24 x 7 availability and the ability to travel internationally.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Google Suite.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.