10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Sales Executive: Boston Area
We are seeking candidates in multiple locations for a field sales-based position responsible for the territory sales plan. The Sales Executive will have strong technical knowledge in the area of Next Gen Sequencing and will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key thought leaders in the Next Gen Sequencing space.
- Demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the territory.
- Understands scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of the CRM system and other designated IT tools.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of new sales people as required.
- Ensure that customers are fully satisfied.
- Represent the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times.
Desired Skills and Background
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing.
- Must be willing to travel up to 60%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.