The Lead, Incentive Compensation & Data Governance role is an integral part of the Sales Operations team supporting our global sales force and other related roles. Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution. You will need to rely on critical thinking, communication, and a strong sense of urgency in order to perform the job at the expected level.
Reporting to the Director, Sales Operations, this position will be responsible for incentive compensation reporting and process, will provide commercial insights and reporting for sales team performance analytics, as well as other tasks and duties related to the sales team and other commercial effectiveness efforts.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
Ensures cohesive incentive compensation plans are in place and continually monitors compensation models for overall outcomes, equity, and ROI
• Maintains and calculates quotas
• Performs regular QA of commission calculations and source system data
• Develops comprehensive SOPs for all commercial commission plans in accordance with SOX
• Creates easy to understand commission plan documentation for plan participants
• Partners with Finance to ensure timely and accurate deliverables of payouts and estimations
• Provide regular timely and accurate ad hoc analysis and reporting on incentive compensation trending, payments and other related items
• Runs scenarios/simulations for any commission plan changes or new contests
• Lead IC design team meetings and research all IC options that will help Commercial meet business objectives while motivating the field sales teams
• Continuously monitor field sales workforce performance against incentive plan metrics to ensure incentive plan effectiveness, efficiencies and accuracy
• Provide budget and performance projections related to Incentive Compensation and track against actual monitor performance
Ensure accurate master data by creating a formal governance program that identifies and assigns the appropriate business owner of each data field; specifies the frequency that each data field needs to be reviewed; trains business owners on the global data definitions for the data fields they own; holds business owners explicitly responsible and accountable for reviewing the master data on the specified frequency to ensure it is correct and in accordance with the global standard data definitions
• Own data management workstreams from end to end which includes fidelity in operations of Datawarehouse as well as governance process around it.
• Creates, Design and maintain data quality dashboards for commercial data management processes
• Ensures data accuracy in commercial systems and processes requests from customer service and sales team
• Develop and implement consistent global standard procedures, processes and policies for creating, changing, reviewing, extending master data across the entire ERP platform;
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties
Ad hoc Reporting/Analysis
Fulfills ad hoc reporting requests from all stakeholders with an ability to identify what requests should be automated.
• Develops and produces of sales and marketing reports for all necessary levels of the organization. This includes timely deliverables such as monthly sales reports, contest standings, and executive level reports
• Proactively identifies opportunities or issues through analysis of the data
• Uses Qlik Sense or Tableau to create dynamic and automated reporting
• Identify gaps and opportunities that guarantee data accuracy while adhering to best practices as they pertain to CRM, ERP, campaigns, and other commercial systems
Experience and Characteristics
• Bachelor's degree required plus 5-7+ years in an analytics or sales operations, management consulting, or other related role
• Working in an analytics or sales ops capacity supporting a Life Sciences sales team of 80+ outside sales representatives
• Strong experience working in Salesforce.com
• Having experience creating reports and running ad hoc analysis from Business Intelligence such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, or Looker
• Experience managing sales or marketing databases, or large lists is required
• Strong analytic capabilities and enjoys thinking rigorously about systems and data
• Proactive data analysis and data exploration nature, with ability to synthesize data and make assessments with recommendations
• Detail-oriented, proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Candidate should possess strong analytical skills, ability to analyze data while presenting results and recommendations.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills are a must
• Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Experience with 3rd party data and formal data processes like data warehouse and customer master
• Desire to use new tools to innovate & drive efficiencies