10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
The Director of Corporate FP&A will be the leader of our Corporate FP&A team, managing a team of 2. This role is responsible for generating and delivering insight and recommendations to our executive leadership on a recurring basis through our weekly, monthly, and quarterly review cadence. The successful candidate will drive operational processes and systems that scale for our growth with improved efficiency. This role will be a Business Partner with the G&A functions and also focus on driving more alignment and consistency with the other Business Partner leads who support Sales & Marketing, R&D and Operations, understanding what they need to support their business partners and providing tools and processes they can leverage. This alignment will also help ensure consistency in the corporate consolidation process for planning, forecast and monthly/quarterly financial and operational reporting.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Drive analyses that deliver insights and recommendations to our executive leadership team for strategic and operational planning decisions.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, planning processes.
- Drive focus on building scalable processes, including getting integrity in the information and data the Corporate FP&A team needs to look at company-wide trends and performance indicators.
- Partner with our Business Partner FP&A leads to enable them to provide the best support.
- Deliver a business partner financial package that can be leveraged by Corporate FP&A for consolidations as well as the business partner FP&A leads to communicate financial results in a standard format to their business partners on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis including, but not limited to, bookings progress, gross margin trends, headcount and hiring status, opex trends, and other operational metrics.
Desired Skills and Background
- The position requires an individual who has successfully scaled a Corporate FP&A function at a fast paced / high growth company.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability with skills in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications.
- Ability to influence senior leadership and operationally execute decisions.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities.
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management.
- Curiosity to take deep dives into status quo and drive effective changes that scale, even or especially if it means establishing new processes or what hasn’t been done before.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred and a plus.
- 12+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Adaptive Insights software a plus.