10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask scientific questions they didn’t know they could ask.
Commercial Partners, Marketing Manager
This role will be the first hire in a growing area for 10x Genomics, to formalize our commercial partnership programs and take them to the next level. The perfect person for this role understands the genomics equipment and reagents marketplace, is savvy with distributor networks, and can establish the strategy around compatible partners. This role will have to develop an understanding of the needs within 10X around these important areas of partnership, and then define the strategy, revenue modeling and lead generation value for each. To further formalize the program, this role will build a framework for evaluating and understanding the value of each partnership.
Reporting into the Marketing Technologies leader and working closely with the Marketing Leadership team, the distribution sales team, regional marketing teams in APAC and EMEA, Product Management, Marcomm and Business Development; this role will need to be able to work across a highly matrixed environment.
- Understand the value of compatible partners and certified service providers to 10x Genomics and develop tiering framework and scorecards to measure the importance and effectiveness of partnerships
- Determine the level of investment that is required to support compatible partnerships in time, effort, number of events and dollars, to make each relationship successful, with a clear ROI
- Create clear agreements between commercial partners to drive value of the partnership through standard co-marketing / co-branding agreements for various tiers of compatible partners and certified service providers, and inform distribution network on co-branding requirements
- Determine potential for co-branding, co-marketing agreements, and work with Marcomm to develop co-branding creative that meets all partners needs
- Consult with regional marketing on event strategy, appropriate number of events and event ROI
- Working with external commercial partners (Miltenyi as an example, Illumina, BioLegend, Immudex, Merck - CRiSPR), represent 10X in required meetings and events as necessary
- Develop appropriate onboarding process for commercial partners
- Be the lead partner with the Global Distribution and Commercial Partners team to execute global sales programs and commercial partnerships
- Key liaison with product management, sales, marcomm and marketing technology to execute programs associated with compatible partners, certified service providers and distributors
- Use distribution expertise to represent needs of global distributor network with Product Management, Marcomm and Marketing Technology teams
- Help manage the content available on the Distributor Portal, evaluate need for sharing information in a new way with compatible partners and certified service providers
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS in Marketing, Analytics, CS, Data Analysis, Economics, or Business. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with 5-7 years of experience in channel management, distributor management or channel marketing role
- 3-5 years of marketing or channel experience in capital equipment
- Healthcare, life sciences, and biopharma consulting a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Proven ability to establish and leverage credibility and rapport with senior executives and peers
- Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems independently
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SFDC, digital asset management or portal management
- Based in the SF Bay Area
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org