10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Accountant, Indirect Tax
This position is part of 10x Genomics Inc corporate Finance and Accounting team and reports to the Senior Director of Tax and Treasury. This position will interface with personnel at various levels of the Company as well as external partners. Primary responsibilities include managing the Company’s indirect tax reporting, audits by governmental authorities, as well as supporting process improvement and tax planning efforts.
This role offers many opportunities, including being part of a growing and profitable public company within a dynamic Finance team.
The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Support a co-sourced monthly sales and use tax compliance process, including review of domestic sales/use tax filings;
- Strong focus on improving controls and processes, including implementation of technology solutions;
- Support audits and inquiries by governmental authorities;
- Research, evaluate and document tax implications of complex or non-standard transactions;
- Provide audit documentation to the external auditors;
- Ensure SOX compliance in relation to indirect tax related financial reporting controls;
- Partner with FP&A in forecasting;
- Support the exemption certificate process;
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize, and streamline tax reporting;
- Work with customer service, IT, and Finance team to resolve customer sales tax issues;
- Prepare and review monthly general ledger account reconciliations for various sales and use tax accounts and prepare journal entries;
- Assist with the taxability system set up for new products;
- Support annual property tax filings and business license filings
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership;
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their sleeves” to get the work done;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work well with people at a wide range of levels and areas;
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and prioritize work to achieve objectives;
- Flexible mindset and willingness to embrace change;
- Effective writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure;
- Knowledge of tax software and accounting systems (including Vertex, Avalara, NetSuite).
- BS Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- Big 4 experience
- 8+ years of sales/use tax experience
- CPA preferred
- High proficiency in Excel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.