Our Technology team is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test to help build a new cloud-based SaaS product designed to accelerate scientific research in the life sciences industry.
Who you are:
You are an experienced Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test who is an outstanding team player with a passion for improving software quality and customer experience through tools, automation, and smart testing. The process of detecting and fixing issues as early as possible in SDLC is exciting, challenging and satisfying for you.
Who you will work with:
You will be working closely with the broader SaaS platform team to plan, strategize and coordinate execution of quality assurance activities. You will engage with peer engineering, product management, design, customer support and DevOps teams to build end to end testing strategies and deliver products to our customers. This position offers a phenomenal opportunity for you to make an impact in the life sciences industry, learn and for us to learn from you. Come join us if you want to be a part of a team that gets things done and has fun in the process!
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinions yet keep them loosely held. It’s important to us that we embody an environment where everyone feels safe and supported to voice their thoughts or ideas. If you buy in these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
What you will be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and engineering as part of a scrum product development process
- Collaborate with the scrum team to groom stories and participate in daily standups, sprint kick-off, and retrospective meetings
- Create a detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for new features as part of a scrum team
- Develop automated UI and API tests using Selenium, TestNG/JUnit, RestAssured etc. in an automation-focused QA culture
- Understand testing effort and communicate risks, concerns, and level of test efforts to your team
- Contribute to software design and code reviews
- Enhance our Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) infrastructure
- Develop and maintain automation test framework
- Identify, thoroughly document, track and debug bugs for a resolution
- Perform white box and black box testing
- Develop and execute performance and scalability tests using open source tools
- Become a functional expert on the core team and help deliver a quality product
- Mentor other engineers of the team
What you bring to the team:
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline or relevant experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Software QA Engineering with a progressive increase of responsibility and, knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- 5+ years of experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with automated testing tools using Java, Selenium Webdriver, Rest API libraries, and Junit or TestNG etc.
- 5+ years of solid knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL
- 5+ years of experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- 5+ years of good development skills in object-oriented languages like Java
- Proven experience testing web applications, SQL databases, REST-based APIs in a microservices based architecture
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing methodologies
- Experience with project management and issue tracker tools such as Jira
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with a version control system such as Git
- Experience with performance, stress, and load testing processes, techniques and related tools such as Jmeter
- Good working knowledge of Linux systems
- Ability to quickly learn with attention to details
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) is a plus
- Knowledge of Protocols: SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect is a plus