10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as a Procurement Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in procurement for Life Sciences industry. The position will report to Sr. Manager Supply Chain and is expected to leverage his/her market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights to deliver product and services to production and various other internal customers.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Work closely with internal customers to understand their business needs on products and services purchased from external suppliers. Plan and carry out purchasing activities accordingly to ensure such needs are met
- Manage supplier relationship and supplier performance KPIs
- Identify and lead sourcing projects, including market analysis, request for proposals (RFPs) supplier recommendation & selection, structuring and negotiation of agreements across various categories
- Propose and drive improvement opportunities in the current procurement process to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks
- Support the evaluation, selection and implementation of future ERP, P2P and other potential relevant systems and tools
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of Procurement / Sourcing experience in relevant industry and/or commodity categories
- Indirect Sourcing
- Functional expert in P2P process
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle shifting priorities and deadlines
- Effective communicator with ability to influence at all levels
- Analytical and data driven
- Proven track record to structure and negotiate deals and deliver values to organizations
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a Science or Engineering major
- Previous experience with ERP/P2P systems evaluation and implementation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.