10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Scientist – Molecular Biology
We are looking for an exceptional scientist to drive new research and product development efforts in our Molecular Biology team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in immunology and in the development of novel molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems. He/she should have a broad understanding of next generation sequencing, immune repertoire profiling and their applications. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering.
- Conceive and develop novel molecular biology assay schemes for the 10x Genomics platform, including molecular barcoding, amplification and library preparation strategies
- Conceive and develop novel methods for exploring molecular immunology using the 10x Genomics platform
- Plan and perform systematic workflow and reagent optimization by modeling, identification of limiting steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Contribute molecular biology and immunology expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
- Work closely with process development staff to develop quality control and manufacturing strategies for novel or optimized reagents
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a similar field with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in academia and/or industry
- Proven ability to design novel molecular biology assay schemes, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or launched products
- Strong research background in immunology
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Single-cell genomics and/or immune repertoire profiling
- Development and use of peptide-MHC multimer assays
- Protein expression and purification
- Computational analysis of next-generation sequencing data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.