10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are looking for an exceptional scientist to drive protein engineering and related reagent development efforts in our Molecular Biology department. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing novel enzyme variants and other protein reagents for use in complex molecular biology applications. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, chemistry, consumables process development, manufacturing and microfluidics.
- Conceive, identify and develop novel/optimized enzymes and other protein reagents for assays running on the 10x Genomics technology platform
- Plan and perform protein development by screening or directed evolution
- Plan and perform protein optimization by modeling, identification of limiting steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Plan and perform protein expression, purification and characterization
- Contribute protein engineering expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel/optimized protein reagents
- Work closely with process development and manufacturing staff to develop quality control and manufacturing strategies for novel/optimized reagents
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology or a similar field, with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in academia and/or industry
- Proven ability to develop novel or optimized enzymes, affinity reagents or other protein reagents, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or launched products
- Experience in protein activity screening and directed evolution
- Experience in design, construction and characterization of protein variant libraries
- Experience in protein expression, purification and characterization
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- A strong desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in next-generation sequencing technologies and applications
- Experience in genomics, genetics and/or immunology
- Experience in computational analysis of next-generation sequencing data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.