10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Research Associate – Molecular Biology Process Development
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Molecular Biology Process Development team to support the development and commercial launch of new products. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Microfluidics, QC, and Manufacturing, to develop and validate novel reagents for the rapid expansion of 10x product lines. Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of molecular biology and be able to apply that knowledge creatively and independently in a fast-paced work environment. The successful applicant will have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to meticulously execute and analyze highly complex experiments.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Create NGS libraries from single cells, tissues, or isolated DNA/RNA using 10x instruments and consumables.
- Preparation, formulation, and testing of newly designed 10x reagents either from SOPs or R&D protocols.
- Conceive, develop, and implement new QC methods to assess reagent quality through a variety of analytical and functional tests.
- Performing and optimizing enzyme activity assays.
- Leading reagent guard banding and stability studies.
- Maintenance of batch records, documentation and presentation of results, writing SOPs, and training other lab personnel.
- Assist in early stage product R&D
Required Skills and Background
- S. or M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, analytical chemistry, or related field.
- 5+ (B.S.) or 3+ (M.S.) years of relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with a broad variety of molecular biology and analytical techniques including qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, FISH, flow cytometry, HPLC, PAGE, molecular cloning, gene editing, and nucleic acid isolation and manipulation.
- Proven ability to use a variety of scientific equipment including microscopes, plate readers, rheometers, Bioanalyzers, gel imagers, real-time PCR instruments, HPLC instruments, etc.
- Experience performing enzyme activity assays.
- Significant experience troubleshooting molecular biology-based assays.
- Proven ability to write SOPs and train others to successfully perform the work.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced startup environment.
Desired Skills and Background
- Previous work with a variety of NGS sample preparation workflows and analysis. Strong preference for single cell and/or RNA-Seq workflows.
- Past work in a process or product development role, especially technology transfer to manufacturing and/or QC groups.
- Experience operating liquid handling robots or other lab automation for high-throughput assays.
- Experience with cell culture and the handling of mammalian primary cells, cell lines, and tissues.
- Experience with microscopy and imaging systems
- Experience working with new and untested reagents.
- Experience creating and optimizing novel assays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.