Product Manager – Single Cell Genomics
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Product Manager – Single Cell Genomics
The product manager manages the complexity and profitability of the products and must work well with customers and understand the problems the product is intended to solve.
A product manager is responsible for orchestrating the various activities associated with ensuring that a product is delivered that meets users' needs. Throughout all the stages of the product development process, the product manager represents the needs of end-users, evaluates market trends and competition, and uses this information to determine which features to build. For example, a product manager may decide a feature is needed because users need it, or because the feature is needed to stay competitive. In order to facilitate this decision making process the product manager may set out a vision for the product or a general framework for making product decisions. The product manager also ensures an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team, all in the interest of driving the product forward.
- Defining new product requirements, product roadmap, product positioning messaging and go to market strategy
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process and to ensure requirements are met
- Collect voice of customer feedback and perform market research
- Develop content for marketing collateral and work closely with technical support and development
- Assist in developing and maintaining financial, unit forecasting, and pricing models
- Provide guidance on applications of and analysis methodologies for associated product solutions
- Provide ongoing product sustaining efforts post launch including continual improvement efforts, development of marketing collateral materials for customer, sales and support teams and product quality assessments
- Keeping a close pulse on the market and competition. Work closely with the sales and field organization to evaluate and refine competitive messaging, tools, strategies and tactics
- Establishing and maintaining successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful adoption of products and collection of customer requirements
Required Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a similar position including general experience in life sciences, genomics, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics or related field; MBA desirable but not required
- Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
- Experience with genomics workflow and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) highly desired
- Experience defining product requirements and working with internal cross functional teams to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements
- Demonstrated experience in launching products in the life sciences field is highly desired
- Strong business skills including the ability to identify new, sustainable sources of revenue and synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information
- Must have customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Independent and strategically minded
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.